Tips For Buying Hail Worn Cars From Texarkana Hail damage Repair Pros
Why Dealerships Are Selling Hail Damaged Cars
There are tons of ways to get great deals on the car of your dreams, and dealerships make sure you know about them. Buying something that already has wear and tear is a surefire way to get the low rate that you want. But will it be worth it? Dealerships are here to make a profit, so there must be a reason they’re selling the car for such a low price. Consider these possibilities before buying:
- Paintless dent repair is very versatile, but it’s possible the car could not be repaired with PDR.
- The cost of repairs could be higher than the value of the car. Dealerships are out there to make money so this is definitely possible.
- If the car needs both PDR and body shop repairs
What To Look Out For
Hail damaged cars can strike you a great deal if you take the right precautions, but a slip up could result in one expensive dud down the road. Luckily, there are a few key signs that could save you from getting swindled.
- Check the car thoroughly. There could be more damage than what’s apparent. Even a little smudge of dirt could hide deal breaking damage.
- Watch out for broken glass. This is often a bad sign as water could have leaked into the interior and caused electrical damage.
- Make sure to check the service history. Often, hail damaged cars are sold because it isn’t worth repairing them.
- Talk to your insurance company before finalizing the purchase. They will likely require you have the damage repaired before approving the vehicle to avoid insurance fraud.
How To Handle Your Own Hail Damage
The battle with hail is difficult, but with the help of your Texarkana hail damage repair pros maintaining your car’s value has never been easier. As the old saying goes, “knowledge is half the battle” and so is the same with hail storms. The best way to keep your car in tip-top shape is to avoid hail all together. One of the best things you could do for your car is to simply check the weather. You might even be able to totally avoid a hail storm. But if the weather’s not on your side try these three tips instead:
- Pack some blankets and pillows in your trunk in case you get caught in a storm. They make great cushioning when taped to the roof. If you forgot those then try putting your floor mats on the roof. They might not stop all the damage but it’s certainly better than nothing.
- Consider buying a car port. They are easily the most effective way to protect your vehicle without a full sized garage.
- It helps to know your local area, especially the spots that have covered parking.